What's new

Help!!! Utterly befuddled...

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
Is the manta a fussy one to wick? If so it could be there are slight differences between the two builds.

I don't consider them fussy myself, I've always just wicked them and they've worked.

Well, except the one time I tried a contact coil with a Clapton and vaporised the cotton inside the coil...

As for differences, there's obviously bound to be slight differences between them due to doing it by hand, cutting to length with scissors etc. - but they're as close as I could make them.

That’s a tricky one. If it was a connection problem you would expect a drop, ie less power or “no atomiser” errors, not a dry hit, I reckon it’s definitely to do with the build.

That’s a tricky one. If it was a connection problem you would expect a drop, ie less power or “no atomiser” errors, not a dry hit, I reckon it’s definitely to do with the build.

The build that works fine on another mod?

Process of elimination? As Zou says, might be worth rebuilding both. If you do them the same it might help work out what's wrong?

I think first I'm going to try just swapping out the juice - easiest variable to eliminate...

Well, putting the juice that has issues in the tank that doesn't have issues might highlight something.

Maybe the juice that works on both mods is more resilient - is that even a thing?

It could be that the viscosity of both juices is different, obviously the thicker one would be more likely to give you dry hits.

It could be that the viscosity of both juices is different, obviously the thicker one would be more likely to give you dry hits.

I'd usually agree.

But it's not happening after X number of draws.

It can be the first draw after being sat for 20 minutes.

It can be the 5th draw after 4 problem free ones.

Sometimes, can pick it up and take a series of draws with no problems. Then do the same 10 minutes later. Then get a dry hit in 15 minutes time...

Oh, and about power output...

The Tesla will dry hit* the pinkman at 26w, and at 17w.

It doesn't dry hit the fakenburg anywhere within the same power range.

The uwell doesn't dry hit either anywhere within the same power range.

*I'm joining in calling it a dry hit because I have no other name for it.

Dry hits are strange sometimes. I rarely get them, but now and again if I dig a tank out I’ve not used in a while, I’ll get some with the first build or two until I diss the wicking again. They can be completely random like you describe, just one draw every so often with nothing to predict it. Even opening the tank right after it can sometimes reveal very saturated wick. It can be frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom