What's new

Help!!! Utterly befuddled...

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
I note the word wife in the equation, has she dropped the mod? I think you're gonna lose your setup quite soon, better strike while the sales last :D

Forgot to say - the mantas are both 'my' tanks anyway...

The nunchaku mod is only here because she wanted the tank (following glowing reviews) and she doesn't get on with that.

I'd be quite happy if her using one of my mods sorted it out, wouldn't bother me in the least - but she chose the punk because she likes it.

I think it will be how the juice is wicking through the coil adding additional conductivity.
Or one of the juices has water in it somewhere.

As mrdj said. It will be a variance in wattage output.
With the best will in the world these mods are made in China with low quality components by the lowest bidder.
We love the things but really they're mostly cheap tat.

As mrdj said. It will be a variance in wattage output.
With the best will in the world these mods are made in China with low quality components by the lowest bidder.
We love the things but really they're mostly cheap tat.

I just can't see the symptoms supporting that diagnosis.

With one tank, it dry hits at 26 watts. And it dry hits at 17 watts. And anywhere between.

Another tank (same model, 'same' build) it doesn't dry hit at 26 watts or 17 watts, or anywhere between.

Neither tank dry hit on another mod at the same displayed powers.

I just can't see the symptoms supporting that diagnosis.

With one tank, it dry hits at 26 watts. And it dry hits at 17 watts. And anywhere between.

Another tank (same model, 'same' build) it doesn't dry hit at 26 watts or 17 watts, or anywhere between.

Neither tank dry hit on another mod at the same displayed powers.
It's not just a variation in pure power figures I mean bud. It's possible that one struggles to maintain a constant smooth power delivery. If your getting power spikes through the duration of the button press. It could really dry that coil out quickly.
Do you or anyone you know own a multi meter. You could use the base of the rta. Clip onto the posts and check power delivery.

It's possible that one struggles to maintain a constant smooth power delivery. If your getting power spikes through the duration of the button press. It could really dry that coil out quickly.

Yes, but on one tank and not another? When both tanks have the 'same' coil, 'same' wick and both work fine on another mod?

Do you or anyone you know own a multi meter. You could use the base of the rta. Clip onto the posts and check power delivery.

That would only give a direct unloaded voltage figure, which is almost meaningless. Open circuit voltage doesn't really tell you much unless there's a significant problem.

I'd have to break out the dummy load bank and recording oscilloscope to make any meaningful measurements.

I have to nip down the shop, upon my return I shall do another run down...

Your right it's only a point of indication but what your experiencing seems extreme and actually isn't massively unusual.
See what you can find. May be worth getting the big boy gear out just out of pure interest.
I really am interested what is causing the chink in the armour.

Is there any visible difference in the length of the 510 pin in the stainless one out of interest.

Is there any visible difference in the length of the 510 pin in the stainless one out of interest.

Rainbow tank 510 length = 4.88mm

SS tank 510 length = 4.87mm

As measured with:

15432729939921899080829.jpg

I don't think that's the issue...

Back
Top Bottom