What's new

Just read this new study...

I worked for 13 years in a pharmacology lab, and the methods these guys used would have John Wayne turning in his grave.

I would have to defer to the experience of @Ment as to the validity of the research methodology.I guess without actually seeing the research paper itself, let alone the research proper, it would be difficult to make judgement. The article is certainly skims over the nuance of the variables.

Would hesitate to reject out of hand because it came from a US uni, I am sure bad research comes out of the UK too.

Having said that, I am sure I saw a figure that illustrated a significant proportion (disproportionate) of peer reviewed research articles came from the UK? However I would cling to that seeing I am UK based.

The whole thing is very amateurish.

Firstly, you'd need a whole paper on tests carried out to establish the accuracy of the equipment using known variables.

Secondly, was their methodology valid? We'd need a second paper to prove that the reactions they found can be compared to real life situations, and thirdly, there was no mention of a control group.

And that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure someone currently involved in this sort of research would tear this to pieces.

A quick look at the research group website and it appears they have been exploring the 3D printing process for a while? Could have a look to see if the paper is publically available...

Generally .. if something has Stanwin Glans associated with it - its been made up or not worth the paper its written on

A study by Chemists, it says. whats the betting they are associated with Big Pharma and peddle this as yet another way of putting people off vaping to keep that money coming in off their own NRT

That read like an advert for the testing device, seems to me they thought they'd jump on the vape-bashing bandwagon just to pull in some free publicity.

The chip central to the device is disposable and costs only a dollar to make.

Well, if that says it true, it must be.

Back
Top Bottom