What's new

Kayfun light killing roller center screw

I'm not usually one to get to bothered by something that can usually be fixed or solved, but this has just been bugging be from the word go

Got my roller and kayfun lite this week and very happy with both

So hear is the problem ..
There is a burr/tiny lump on one side of the center screw on the kayfun lite and has and still is wearing a groove in the roller top screw taking off the silver coating

I'm wondering if anyone els has had this as looks like I will have to order a new screw from atmizoo sooner or latter, but the thing is the kayfun will just do the same as the burr is more of a lump so not something that can be scraped off and will just do the same

I'm thinking of contacting cloud9 but thought I'd just check with some that I know are rocking this combo

y9upyhyt.jpg

tried to get the best pic possible with my phone but think you can see what I'm on about

Edit: no I've not over tightened it and I removed the o ring before adding the recess top ;)

Last edited:
Hiya Dan - as you know I've got a Kayfun and a Dingo as well and the screw on the Dingo will take a beating as they are brass and thin but if there's a problem with the kfl and you got it from c9v they'll sort you out no problem - brilliant vendor. I'm a bit OCD so I know where you're coming from but I tend to worry more about what I can see, rather than what I can't. On a separate note 12 euro postage is a lot for a screw (which is what they'll charge) but I commented on a similar issues on here about a month ago and when contacted, Atmizoo agreed to post out a screw at a cheaper price so email them and I'm sure they'll oblige.

My kfl is all smooth, no catchy bits but the roller centre pin does look a little bit scratched up. I'll try a get a photo but the light isn't great here so it naught have to wait till tomorrow. Bear with...

P.S. - If you do put an order in with Atmizoo you might want to consider the 'easy-twist' button if you've not already got one. it's waaaaaaaaaaay easier to use than the standard one.

Hiya Dan - as you know I've got a Kayfun and a Dingo as well and the screw on the Dingo will take a beating as they are brass and thin but if there's a problem with the kfl and you got it from c9v they'll sort you out no problem - brilliant vendor. I'm a bit OCD so I know where you're coming from but I tend to worry more about what I can see, rather than what I can't. On a separate note 12 euro postage is a lot for a screw (which is what they'll charge) but I commented on a similar issues on here about a month ago and when contacted, Atmizoo agreed to post out a screw at a cheaper price so email them and I'm sure they'll oblige.

Cheers mate

I'm a bit ocd as well but its more will it cause problems in the long run and I've only taken the kfl off and on a hand full of times and there not even a week old yet so just bothers me a bit considering the money the combo has cost

I've heard good things about both company's when it comes to customer service but just thought I'd ask as I don't wanna way in before some confirmation from someone els :)

P.S. - If you do put an order in with Atmizoo you might want to consider the 'easy-twist' button if you've not already got one. it's waaaaaaaaaaay easier to use than the standard one.

I might have that already have that as I've not had it that long unless its an optional extra ?

null_zps938ff5a8.jpg

And yes, both companies have some of the best customer service out there so if you do need to sort it out you should get all the help you need :)

They are both quality bits of gear from quality companies with quality after service. Eventually, yes it will cause problems and probably resulting in the top of the screw snapping (which I've seen) but I wouldn't think that was for a while. The two relevant points below are taken directly from Atmizoo which probably says all I'm trying to say - [h=4]#3: If you need to adjust the pole adjustment screw down too low, remember to remove the o-ring from the pole screw head.[/h]The pole screw head is quite brittle — over-tightening it against the o-ring may cause it to break, since it is not designed to endure excessive stress from below. The o-ring around the pole screw is not needed if you need to adjust the pole low, for example when using the recessed connector supplied with your Roller / Dingo.
[h=4]#8: Watch what you connect on top.[/h]Atomizers with badly designed poles and off-shelf center post screws won’t cut it, even if they cost $200. The positive pole of your atomizer should look smooth and flat. If its bottom is rough like a bolt you’d find in a hardware store, demand a replacement. Using off-shelf screws as electrical contacts is asking for trouble: Rough atomizer poles will quickly tear the plating on your mods’ pole screws and may cause overheating. Wire ends should be properly stabilized / fixed on properly designed contacts, especially when using resistance wire that heats up. Unstable wire ends will cause voltage drop and misfires.

I might have that already have that as I've not had it that long unless its an optional extra ?

You'll see on Purplefowlers photo that the button is standard as it is smooth on the edge and that's how they are normally shipped - the easy twist is 'knurled' on the edge and if you've got sausage trotters like me then the knurled button is much easier to use. My screw also looks like Purplefowlers on both of my Dingo's so nowt to worry about really.

Back
Top Bottom