What's new

Magma rda clone and istick 30w setup, what wire to get and ohm to aim for.

skeeteruk

Postman
Hi all.

I asked a friend all this and i have a general idea of stuff but just lookin to confirm stuff.

So i have a istick 30w, a magma rda clone from fastech on order so should get it in a week or so with luck. Now i just need to know which wire to buy, how many coils to do and what kinda ohm am i lookin to aim for.

Bean0 said i think to get kanthal A1 type wire at 28 AWG or was it 0.28mm i forget which. For a single coil as i dont want to do dual coils yet i need to get used to building single ones first. I think he said use 3mm diameter of the coil, using the calculator i didnt adjust leg length so its default is 5. So using what he said the calculator said i need 67mm of wire, about 5 and a half wraps or somit which gives me 148mw/mm2 whatever that is and 17.72mJ/K whatever that is.

So is that right and should buy kanthal a1 28AWG about 10m worth or so from stealthvape? Use somit long thats about 3mm wide to wrap the coil in and do 5 wraps not counting the edge bits that go in the posts?

Kanthal A1 Type Wire 10m, 25m, 50m Reels / Spools choice to pick "0.28mm x 10m"

That one?

Or is it somit else totally if so what? Just i wanted to buy the wire and cotton this weekend so i can maybe try a coil before the magma gets here.

Oh and any one know the best place to get ceramic needle nose pliers from as that might be handy to burn and compress the coil yeah?

Back
Top Bottom