What's new

Mixing help

Aaron1983

Postman
Just need a little help please tfa flavour mix %
If i mix a single strawberry at 5% in a 70vg 30pg mix and make another flavour at 5% say sweet cream at 70vg 30pg and so on for flavours could i add them together and make one mix. If i did this and made a nice recipe with them how could i copy it. Hope u get whst i mean with this

It just needs a little basic arithmetic.

Let's say you make strawberry, cream and vanilla, all at 5%, and arrive at a combination of 10ml strawberry, 10ml cream and 5ml vanilla which you want to reproduce as one mix.

You have 2/5th strawberry and 2/5th cream and 1/5th vanilla, so you would make your mix 2% strawberry, 2% cream and 1% vanilla.

This is very simplified - in reality your proportions will be more complicated, but you get the picture.

It just needs a little basic arithmetic.

Let's say you make strawberry, cream and vanilla, all at 5%, and arrive at a combination of 10ml strawberry, 10ml cream and 5ml vanilla which you want to reproduce as one mix.

You have 2/5th strawberry and 2/5th cream and 1/5th vanilla, so you would make your mix 2% strawberry, 2% cream and 1% vanilla.

This is very simplified - in reality your proportions will be more complicated, but you get the picture.
Yes get it i think do u know what % i should mix tfa concentrates at or where i can find this out cos looking on some things people say 5% rule but would help if someone already done thus as i guide

So u got 2/5 strawberry 2/5 cream 1/5vanilia . The 5th is strawberry . Cream . Vanilla . Vg . Pg in mix lol

Yes get it i think do u know what % i should mix tfa concentrates at or where i can find this out cos looking on some things people say 5% rule but would help if someone already done thus as i guide

This really is an area where you have to find out for yourself.

There are so many variables - what's your expectation? Do you want the flavour to hit you in the face, or do you just want to know it's there?

How good are your taste buds?

What equipment are you using? Some tanks give very little flavour so you may need to double your concentrate levels if you have one of these.

I would start at 10-15 and go from there.

Many flavour concentrates are all over the place and there is no rule of thumb, sort of. Take Flavour Art for eg, many are good at just 2 to 3%, but some you wont even taste at that level and may need 10%! Same for many others. Punch into your search engine say for eg this, Capella Black Licorice percentage? And youll get a number of hits that should give you a good idea where to start. Its worked well for me doing this.

Back
Top Bottom