What's new

My thoughts so far.. moving from VW to mech mod and nextiny...

decson

Postman
Hi all

So 48 hours in, both nextiny's (clones) are holding up between 1.1 to 1.2 ohms :). And the taste with a well steeped juice is out of this world. It even tastes better today! 'The virus' tastes significantly better in the nextiny compared to the mini nautilus. Though my other juice not so great, but I think this is due to it needs to steep more, only got it in this week :(.

So some thoughts, experiences so far:
  • After a LOT of practice, the genny actually isn't that hard with the right tools and a flame thrower :p. I actually am not dreading do it again, it was fun!
  • The taste, as above love it with the virus, haven't tried anything else yet (apart from wakonda, but think that needs to steep, well hope thats that and not that I have gone down to 12mg nic from 18) so will see :).
  • The size and weight of the paps v4 (18500) and nextiny is perfect for travel/work. Have used it for work past 2 days and its very pocketable, have been very good about locking it and it generally sits on my deck when in office.
  • The drip tip and its proximity to the tank is a big difference compared to the mini nautilus, I am getting used to it now, but it was a big change from the nautilus and I am wondering if the in'ax due to the design i.e. your lips are not 1/2 cm away from it will be comfortable for me. But again am getting used to it, so a non issue for now. (Though drooling over the piece pics of the in'ax III on Facebook, got even more excited when realised there is a glass tank element to the new version too.. I love the contrast of the frosted glass with the stainless steel)
  • Battery life of the 18500, is perfect for work, I have taken in a 2nd battery (in a case) every day, but so far haven't needed to use it until way home.
The not so good, but it could be me :p :
  • When undoing the nextiny (both of mine), a few times the base plate of the tank has started to undo and move down/unthread, not sure if this is a common issue, or it's me, or if it's due to my two are clones, but have tightened it up as much as I Garry'ily can and still happens.
  • Battery life when at home (or possibly for night/day out), the 18500 is just not enough lol. I have reverted to using my mini volt at home as was changing twice in an evening, which is fine, but feels strange after all day with my paps.
So questions:
  • Do any other nextiny users have issues with the tank base plate or is it me, or maybe a clone issue?
  • It was bound to happen... Thoughts/ideas on 2nd mech mod (18650) - I love the simplicity of a mech mod, and the design plus the switch on the Paps is AMAZING! Any other suggestions of something as good for an 18650? Or do I try and get a 2nd Paps? (Reason asking today as vapour art states they are having some in stock tonight I could try and get one).
  • Or something new, and then 510 tops or hybrid tops - am I ok to use either? Or should I stick with 510 tops for now? Ideally I want one that locks as could see using it for night out.
Today am popping into a new vape store local as they stock one of the juice's recommended so thought why not as have afternoon off :). I will also see what mech mod's they have in, but any ideas suggestions welcome.

Thanks all

Garry

I have that issue with the baseplate on my nextgen, mainly occurs when I'm taking the top off to fill. If it was me then I'd probably go for the 18650 paps. however, if you want something really nice then keep your eyes out for a lash creations Morr Crann. It's no longer being made but is a real eye catcher and talking piece. For going out, do you really want an expensive mod and run the risk of losing it?
I use my nextgen on hybrids, if you're careful and ensure you've got a protruding atty pin, read about the safety and risks you'll be fine.

Not being a Party Pooper, but I would have to say, it's still very early days and I cannot recommend a hybrid in all conscience, especially as the Nextinys are having issues. You REALLY don't want liquid getting anywhere near the 510 connection.
The problem you are describing was a common one with the first of the NextGen Clones. It got sorted pretty quickly, but it does sound as though history is repeating itself?
I would suspect that this issue is also causing some conductivity issues as well because it appears that you are not getting the battery life I'd expect from an 18500. We both use 18500s here, both having Labs and I now have the 18500 Scarab. We are both what I would consider as being heavy vapers and we only need a battery change once, maybe twice, in a 15 hour day. What ohm builds are you running? I see you have dropped your nic levels too? It could be that you are vaping more and harder to compensate? Might be worth increasing the nic levels again for a while?

Could you take a quick picture of the Nextiny problem? Then I can tell you whether we are talking about the same issues. :2thumbsup:

Hi

@Rob please do be a party pooper!! I prefer to be safe.

Ok rather than using the mini volt ohm checker. Just checked both and they are coming in at 1.3 ohms. On mini volt ranges between 1.1 to 1.2.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456484164.662014.jpg

Just burned this one off. Looks ok still [emoji15] I think.

It's as @Jugg1es explained it above. It is when filling up the tank. The base plate sometimes unthreads. (Is that a word?)
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456484421.200754.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1456484435.285165.jpg

Are the ohms too high?

The battery thing could be as I'm being very cautious so changing often. Or as you say the clones playing up. Gonna look for a vault meter I think we'll till get good at telling when to change.

I did try to get an original [emoji58] but all gone. Hence thinking an in'ax for sure (or should that be 2 of em and stick with the 1 paps for now)...

Ref juice as the 12mg needs to steep sticking on the other at 18mg for now. But want to get to 12 ideally (and can't find my fav in the uk at 18 any more).

Thanks

Aw, there was me thinking tips to stop my bases unscrewing was going to come up

I'm more worried about my ohms or novice coiling :p He may be telling me off in PM's :(.

Ohms look quite good, the mesh could be a little longer though, it can go right up to the nut.

No telling of from me Chaps. I went to PM's because I was going over old ground @Jugg1es :2thumbsup: I wanted clarification as to exactly what was unscrewing from what. I am thankful that as far as I am aware, we are not talking about the old problem of the spinning centre pole which plagued the very first clones.;)

Old ground for us is new ground for others and there seems to be a small resurgence of genny users lately. Old threads get lost and not many use the search, this thread has already had over 70 views and recent genny threads have had a lot more. :justsaying: [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom