What's new

So you wanna start a concentrate business....

niknax

Vendor
Grab a brew and your vape its gonna be a long one guys

I've noticed a lot of people popping up with this idea on Facebook and throughout the forum, so here is the honest truth of it, it's bloody hard.
For those of you whose questions have been answered in that paragraph, congratulations run while you can.

I started out on this forum just over a year ago after lurking for a fairly long time. I done a couple of reviews, was approached by a fairly well known uk company to do blind tastings and feedback what flavours I could pick up on, dream job at the time

This sparked an interest for me to see what mixing was all about, how flavours blended together.

Fast forward many months i had begun selling my own blends of taste a likes concentrates of popular usa imports to a local bnm for people to mix up themselves.

The company I mentioned previously sent me a juice I could only describe as horse piss, I took the flavour profile and sent them a juice back with my own take on it. They offered me a job, of which I am very thankful for it meant I got to do something I loved day in and day out.

Now the dreaded day has arrived where vendors are essentially having their hands tied and having to close up or cut their selections down to survive the expense of testing. The company I was working with is sitting tight and still haven't made a decision officially, one thing is for sure they won't be releasing any new flavours for quite some time, now am locked in contract that I can't resell the recipes I've created for them which is completely fair.

So now I've had to set up my own business selling direct to the customer. Which gives me the ability to give you guys an insight,

Marketing, especially by social media? Forget it, even if your only selling concentrates your still associated with tobacco..... cheers fb. Try making an advert without using the main aim of your company. Entertaining listing as suggested on a previous thread, well that only works if people know what to look for and how do people know that when they've never heard of you.... I will let that sink in for a second....

The wake of the legislation is not a time to start a business that you expect to earn a fuck load from.
Taking recipes off the Internet is easy enough but trust me consumers aren't stupid they are going to recognise a pinched recipe.

Take inspiration from what you see and learn and make it your own. Am currently double fucking myself over by working on a mocha kit kat, it's niche and temperamental just like me,
Time I've been working on it, 4 months of daily mixing at least, money spent on it.... fuck Ive lost count.
How am going to feel when it's where I want it to be, priceless.

Now I know I've ranted a bit, but I genuinely want people to go into it with their eyes wide open, and will offer any help I can. If you're brand new to mixing please take the time to get to know your flavours and create something new, push the industry forward in your own way. I have my taste a likes but that's a way to fund some of my own flavour development And anyone who stills wants to set up their own business after reading all this, please feel free to ask any questions you need to.

And before anyone assumes this is a plug for my business, it's not. My business will remain unnamed until it appears on planet of the vapes or until I have enough Internet verified trading to become a vendor on here which ever comes first.

And breath.....

Oh hang on btw the pinching recipes section is not aimed at any company in particular concentrates or otherwise. each business can run itself the way they see fit, it's just not for me personally

Now breath

Back
Top Bottom