What's new

Squape [Reloaded] Tips & Hints

@lockett it looks like we were the only fools who didn't read the instructions. Instructions are for girls right? We don't need instructions we are men.

there goes that theory. Fuck me what a week I'm having. I've become brain dead hahaha. Elsa "fuckshitup" Bubs

Keith at c9v told me to stick it in the freezer as the deck will shrink a little. You already tried it? Excellent service, I didn't even but it from him!

In the fridge will not sort it out either. I have taken the skin off my finger trying to remove the w deck.

Sent from my HTC One using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Quite the contrary ElsaBubs. I poured a shit ton of juice around the o-rings before I placed the deck into my SQuape and I could not remove it without pliers. I then used a hell of a lot more the 2nd time around and I tried this morning and all I ended up doing was cutting my finger to shreds. It's jammed in. Pliers won't even help me now :(

Quite the contrary @ElsaBubs. I poured a shit ton of juice around the o-rings before I placed the deck into my SQuape and I could not remove it without pliers. I then used a hell of a lot more the 2nd time around and I tried this morning and all I ended up doing was cutting my finger to shreds. It's jammed in. Pliers won't even help me now :(
Vice?

@ElsaBubs. How did the freezer method go?

hopeless. but i took the base to work and one of the workshop brutes did it with his bare hands. i mean bear hands. we do call him the bear.

guna lube it up nicely later. my c deck arrived. couldnt find a w deck but i feel the c deck will work a treat with cotton.

hopeless. but i took the base to work and one of the workshop brutes did it with his bare hands. i mean bear hands. we do call him the bear.

guna lube it up nicely later. my c deck arrived. couldnt find a w deck but i feel the c deck will work a treat with cotton.

I need a bear where I work :(

W Deck is doing well for me though so at the moment its not an issue, more of an annoyance.

I did have a think about the causes of the issues and I think I may have a solution.

The Black Nitrile O-Rings are pretty hard and are used to seal joints and not deform. You own an Origen dripper right? Well I do also, you should know how much of a bastard that can be to pull apart after using it for a while because they dry out. The same principle applies with the deck o-ring on the SQuape.
Available are Red Silicon O-Rings, these provide a similar sealing efficiency to Nitrile but also have less tension, so they are a lot more pliable, they don't tend to dry up either. They use them in the 3D dripper on the deck because of the pumping action required to push juice to the wicks, Nitrile rings would of made it a pain in the arse to pump after a while.

So, what I am saying is, try changing the O-Ring to a Silicon one. If you have one laying about that is. Its worth a shot. I certainly will when I manage to free mine, It should seal good enough to stop juice leaking down the sides but also be pliable enough to flex when pulling the deck off when you wish to change.

I will let you guys know when C9V get back to me because my Squape R was delivered back to them this morning.

Back
Top Bottom