What's new

UK Incremental Smoking Ban (Tobacco & Vapes Bill) Starts Journey Into Law

Churchill wouldn't be caving in to appeasers who want to ban any form of nicotine including his customary big cigars. :D

They are trying to bring Churchill into the argument now (FFS) -

Churchill would have backed Sunak’s smoking ban, suggests Health Secretary​

I also note (my emphasis in bold) -

Stating the limit to 4 flavours like that's a fact?

of course, mentioning churchill is a tactic to get the eye swivelers to support it :)

It is profoundly 'nanny state' but that's where the whole lot of them are these days and it'll pass regardless of Tory rebels as Labour support it.

Well I believe we all know what’s behind all this shite.
Two things!
1) Governments total control over everything and everyone
2) A way to increase tax.

I’m not buying into the so called reasons for stopping the sale of certain flavours, or the kids/nicotine issues. It’s all bollocks and we all know it.
As for stopping the sale of disposables ? I heard that disposables get dumped all over the place as litter.
Since I heard that cry some weeks ago, I’ve kinda become focused on actually looking for discarded vapes whenever I walk anywhere.
As yet I haven’t actually seen very many at all. But I see discarded disposable cups, cans, crisp packets, food containers, empty water bottles, take your pick really.
So any argument to ban disposable vapes due to litter issues is shit!
I will get my coat now.

Well I believe we all know what’s behind all this shite.
Two things!
1) Governments total control over everything and everyone
2) A way to increase tax.

I’m not buying into the so called reasons for stopping the sale of certain flavours, or the kids/nicotine issues. It’s all bollocks and we all know it.
As for stopping the sale of disposables ? I heard that disposables get dumped all over the place as litter.
Since I heard that cry some weeks ago, I’ve kinda become focused on actually looking for discarded vapes whenever I walk anywhere.
As yet I haven’t actually seen very many at all. But I see discarded disposable cups, cans, crisp packets, food containers, empty water bottles, take your pick really.
So any argument to ban disposable vapes due to litter issues is shit!
I will get my coat now.

but how will stopping folk from buying fags increase tax?

They are going to need to find the lost tax on fags from somewhere else. Vapers are an easy target.

but if it was about increasing tax like you say, wouldn’t they just not ban fags in the first place? that way they wouldn’t need to find the tax money they will lose.

but if it was about increasing tax like you say, wouldn’t they just not ban fags in the first place? that way they wouldn’t need to find the tax money they will lose.
I don't know how to answer your question (because they will lose tax, increase black market, + all the other crazy aspects of the generational smoking ban)...

But the 2nd part, they already do need to find extra revenue, partly due to the decrease in smoking over the years (which is probably on it's way out anyway), and vapes are an easy target (due to the anti-vape propaganda/ bad press etc).

I don't know how to answer your question (because they will lose tax, increase black market, + all the other crazy aspects of the generational smoking ban)...

But the 2nd part, they already do need to find extra revenue, partly due to the decrease in smoking over the years (which is probably on it's way out anyway), and vapes are an easy target (due to the anti-vape propaganda/ bad press etc).

yes, so obviously incrementally banning fags isn’t about tax.

If they were to ban tobacco of any sort and ban vapes, that’s a massive loss of tax of one sort or another . They would need to tax something else instead, or lift other taxes in some way.

Back
Top Bottom