What's new

UK Incremental Smoking Ban (Tobacco & Vapes Bill) Starts Journey Into Law

i don’t buy this idea of a huge black market emerging. smoking has already been in decline for ages anyway. new smokers will be rarer and rarer as time passes. if anything this law is pointless, regardless of it being stupid.
Yes, smoking is on its way out. And you could be right (except that there's already a fair size black market for tobacco already, to evade tax).

I'm more concerned about what kind of vape black/grey market will happen in the event of let's say a ban on flavours except tobacco & menthol, plus the high taxes due to come...

Yes, smoking is on its way out. And you could be right (except that there's already a fair size black market for tobacco already, to evade tax).

I'm more concerned about what kind of vape black/grey market will happen in the event of let's say a ban on flavours except tobacco & menthol, plus the high taxes due to come...

it will be some punter in the pub selling 60ml bottles of custard biscuit and bloo slushee. probably already happening.

it will be some punter in the pub selling 60ml bottles of custard biscuit and bloo slushee. probably already happening.

Been happening since the start....I remember going to the Forge market to get a car key cut and it turned out this new car key got me into any VW Polo, great it was helped many a neighbour out....anyhoo also in there was an eliquid place, big bottles of every colour under the sun of concentrates....whipped up in minutes to your specification .

Been happening since the start....I remember going to the Forge market to get a car key cut and it turned out this new car key got me into any VW Polo, great it was helped many a neighbour out....anyhoo also in there was an eliquid place, big bottles of every colour under the sun of concentrates....whipped up in minutes to your specification .

aye, i seen a woman at polmadie car boot sale years ago with big manky looking half litre bottles. hope no cunt was buying it :)

BBC just said some bills might get gutted! 🤞
.. but to add, I rewound the BBC commentary, and they said after that "the prime minister will be very hopeful that his Tobacco & Vapes Bill goes through, which seems quite likely as it has cross-party agreement..." :(

.. but to add, I rewound the BBC commentary, and they said after that "the prime minister will be very hopeful that his Tobacco & Vapes Bill goes through, which seems quite likely as it has cross-party agreement..." :(
Many opportunities for slip between cup and lip..

I'm reminded of how certain the welsh vote was when Drakeford tried to ban vaping, and was scuppered as revenge by the Lib Dems.

Last edited:
There is literally 2 days left to get it through, and the finance bill will take up most of that. Now is the time to write to your MP.

Back
Top Bottom