What's new

Various Apollo Juices

Shooty*

So, my first review!
I like simple flavours: I've not got into the whole "apple mango cheesecake with a hint of cholocate" thing. I just want something fruity to keep my taste buds up throughout the day. Most of my juice comes from Inovape in Solihull, who have a great range of flavours but, as you do, I wanted to branch out and see what else was out there.

Tried some Button Junkie. Too vanillay and sickly for me.
Then I came across Apollo online. I ordered 10 10ml bottles of 6mg strength juice. They were:
Strawberry, watermelon, grape, green apple, hemi orange, kiwi watermelon, baja burst, cherry limeade, razzle and ‘melon cucumber and mint’.
Rather than post one at a time, here’s the review of all of them. All items have been vaped through an Aspire Premium, which has the Nautilus Mini tank on it. I did try some with a Kanger Nano, but the coils kept burning out, so I've gone back to my Nautilus.
1. Razzle: I took the lid off and immediately thought that this smelt medicinal. I can’t recall exactly which childhood medicine it was that it reminded me of, but it’s a syrupy sweetness, quite cloying. Very strong. It was like it wanted to beat my mouth up. Please see “apple” below.
2. Melon Cucumber Mint: Had high hopes for this one being a refreshing mouthful. Very disappointed. The main taste is OK, if bland, but the aftertaste is peculiar. I can taste hints of the cucumber and mint flavours in the after taste, but it’s quite chemical. Quite astringent. I found it unpleasant, like I’d imagine eating a urinal cake is like. This one’s going in the bin. Has to be said: I’m not a fan of menthol/ minty vaping generally. Thumbs so far down that I’ve amputated both my arms and sent them to Australia.
3. Hemi Orange: Basically like vaping Tango. Whether that’s a good or a bad thing probably depends on whether you like that fizzy drink. I do. It’s quite strong, but I’m quite happy with this one. Thumb cautiously up.
4. Strawberry: Interesting. Appears to have been brewed by someone who was show a picture of a strawberry, but has never tasted one or even had anybody describe the taste of one to him or her. I couldn’t actually taste anything at all. In the bin.
5. Watermelon: Watermelon is one of the first flavours I tried, from Inovape, and one that I’m very keen to find good versions of. I love watermelon. And I’m pleased to report that this is really nice. Some reviews I have seen say “It’s not like bubble gum water melon”. I disagree: It’s exactly like bubble gum watermelon, and in this case, that’s a good thing. It tastes of the first time I went to Florida when I was about 13 and had proper, big, fat American hubba bubba. Lovely sweet taste. Nice after-taste. Easy on the throat. Big thumbs up.
6. Grape: Have to admit, I did not have high hopes for this one, but have been pleasantly surprised. That said, I’m not sure that ‘grape’ is exactly how I would describe it. Maybe ‘American soft drink calling itself grape flavoured for lack of anything else that it’s comparable to’ might be a better description. Don’t let that put you off: if you like your berry or fruit flavour, this is really quite pleasant. The taste level is just right, and it has a pleasingly fresh after taste, without the chemical horror of, for example, the melon cucumber mint, which will haunt my dreams. It puts me in mind of Starburst. Yep, I like this one. Edit: Was just walking through town and it hit me how smooth this one is on the throat as well. Thumbs up.
7. Green apple: Unpleasant. Very chemically. To try and tone down the overpowering taste of the razzle, I mixed the two of them together in equal proportions which made them tolerable.
8. Kiwi watermelon: Very nice. As good as the watermelon. Just juicy and sweet enough.
9. Baja burst: Some of the online reviews I’ve seen about this one rave about it. The picture on the front shows a lime, and what appears to be a mojito of something in the background.I’m struggling to tell what the taste is meant to be. It’s not G&T. Just looked at the website, and it’s meant to be a soft drink. I started off not liking this one, but after a few minutes, it’s growing on me. It does have a citrus-y after taste which is quite light and refreshing. The main taste is quite full and satisfying as well. I’m really struggling to say what it reminds me of, but overall, it’s quite unoffensive, and I could probably vape this over the course of a day, but it’s not as good as the watermelon. Update: After another 15 minutes, this one is confusing me. I’m getting definite hints of some kind of cocktail now, but maddeningly I can’t place it. Being a real ale and whiskey drinker, it’s probably my own fault for not knowing cocktails inside out. Liking it more though.
10. Cherry limeade: Tastes exactly, and I mean exactly, like my dad’s shed in spain: like a dry, dusty shed exposed to extreme sunlight. Bin.
If anyone wants to send me samples to review, I’d be happy to take up an amateur reviewing position ;)

Back
Top Bottom