What's new

You are invited to offer your thoughts.

Give me enough notice and I can talk to vendors. I have a few contacts and can be persuasive when I need to be

Twist some arms! I mean offer your contacts a superb opportunity for some "Brand recognition" on a leading UK Vape forum, that has international reach.
Engaging with Forum Members, and their wider social responsibility, gives Vendors and Manufacturers a unique and ongoing engagement with this rapidly growing market and displays a knowledge of how the wider vape community wishes to support ongoing worthwhile causes.

Before you approach ANYONE Sam we need to talk and make sure we aren't ......erm........... "Negotiating" with the same people :)

So im a new member and I entered the raffle because I'm just that kinda person who will enter something if its for a good cause. At the time of entering I can honestly say I hadn't got a clue what half of the stuff was that was on offer. I still kinda don't. I think the idea of vouchers is a good one especially for noobies who are joining just to learn more about what it is they have just got into. I think most new people want coils and juice and a voucher would be great for that. I joined here with a starter kit and not a Scooby about anything else.

Perhaps prizes could be split into categories for beginner, intermediate and advanced also?

How about when the charity fund raiser is on you also have the option to Opt into a charity donation when buying and selling on the forum? Not sure how you would do it but its a thought.

Also put the banner up like the one for the 'tell your story' to direct people into the right section (apologies if this is already done)

Twist some arms! I mean offer your contacts a superb opportunity for some "Brand recognition" on a leading UK Vape forum, that has international reach.
Engaging with Forum Members, and their wider social responsibility, gives Vendors and Manufacturers a unique and ongoing engagement with this rapidly growing market and displays a knowledge of how the wider vape community wishes to support ongoing worthwhile causes.

I like this approach, can you give the vendors / makers that participate some form of recognition (a badge / banner) that says they supported such and such. mention in the thread for the event that it's sponsored by xxxx, give them some extra value for participating.

Essentially this place is a massive boost for them, being on the trusted vendors list, giving them a chance to get 1st hand feedback from users on ideas / products. etc

I'd also like to see a list of vendors / makers that always decline to offer assistance, for a full well rounded view.

I like the voucher or gift card idea..then it’s open to everyone and also you get a choice of what to use it for...also do the prizes have to be vape related?..maybe a Amazon gift card? This is able to be used in any country as well..just an idea..

Thanks for the good warning Guv. Already collecting donations.
There's many needy charities close to our hearts (as many of you know Mrs kid is constantly running raffles for the two hedgehog rescue charities she supports and now vaping is more mainstream I'm able to contribute a lot) but that's a bit specific for apes.
This may be a lot of work but how about, yes we do our usual raffle for all things yummy in the world of vape colectability but the money raised goes towards buying good basic standard vape setups with juice (from our generous vendors) to supply a smoking cessation scheme. That way, things go full circle.
It may be an unfeasible pipe dream but worth a punt.
The nhs is lacking in this area so perhaps we could help.

Myself and lucemill donated a voucher at one of the charity fund doo dah's.....I think it worked well, bit of extra work involved re contacting vendor for code....but gives the winner of a vendor voucher a great choice and freedom to spend.

Great ideas and observations from you all, for which many thanks :)
It saddens me that I appear to have completely missed the mark with previous events and can only apologise.
We’ll approach things in a Very Different way from here on.

If possible could we extend the period of time for tickets / donations as some times I just don't have the money during that period

Back
Top Bottom