What's new

You are invited to offer your thoughts.

Im thinking the same just spent an amount on tickets and donated what I thought might generate more interest. Would it be an idea to have a PM sent to members inviting them directly to have a bash at buying a ticket for a raffle. Everybody reads their PMs not everybody reads the whole forum and might be unaware of a raffle going on.

Last edited:
I don't like this idea at all. In fact, I wouldn't participate in a raffle where that approach was taken at all. It's verging on a bullying mentality.

Fair enough, i didn't consider that angle of it.

Some of the other forums i frequent for other hobbies flat out don't allow vendors / makers on them. Where as others like here allow them as long as they register as a vendor / maker. A couple of them only allow vendors / makers on their sites if they provide prizes for raffles etc.

I'd just like to know which vendors aren't prepared to support the forum / good causes etc and are solely interested in helping themselves.

But everyone is different and entitled to their own views and opinions.

Could the vendors on here advertise it, with a link? Especially if they are contributing something to the raffle

"For a chance to win xxx enter the potv raffle"
Click here
Sort of thing

The last Charity Raffle actually ran for close on 2 months!!! How much longer do you suggest? :) Raffle Fatigue sets in and people become bored very quickly so I would not suggest any longer.

Lol I only see it in the last 2 weeks so sorry Rob you are right that is plenty long enough.

Not sure if this idea has been mentioned before, either it has and it was a crap idea or it hasn’t coz nobody has thought of it yet, I’m not saying to replace the raffle but just something else that maybe could be done on a smaller scale, so the idea is a charity auction, all prizes would be donated by members or vendors, I was thinking something like a auction thread is created with a set time and date for each item ending with prizes listed individually and people can bid on the prizes, highest bid takes the prize and pays rob friends and family and he gives the nod the funds have cleared and the prize is sent to the winner by the donator, this way people wouldn’t get prizes they didn’t really need and they could focus on the prizes they like, for example people may spend £5 or £10 on 1 or 2 tickets in the raffle but say there is a mod listed in the auction with rrp of £100, people may be tempted to stick a £40 or £50 bid in because it’s something they like and will use and with it all being for charity people may bid generously, also I think it could be fun trying to out bid eachother...
Feel free to crush the idea if you think it’s completely rubbish...

! point i would like to make is all raffles have prizes so it gives folk a chance to win something for their donation. It's not like a fundraiser with no ptizes.
So i think the formula is good as is. The sell and donate sounds a good idea, i don't think a "charity tax" on forum classies would help but it maybe something to consider.
Maybe divide the raffle into more raffles ie Pods, MTL, Squonk, DTL, this would help people as they could enter the section or sections that they want. It would prevent a mtl vaper winning a TFV12 which they would never use ( as an example)

@gravystain and there is the first problem. :)
An Auction would bring us to the attention of the Gambling and Gaming authorities. This all came to my attention during the raffle we ran for MacMillan which was a learning curve and this is why you will have seen a careful phrasing of how much a ticket costs.
Also it would create considerable work for me, which is OK, but I really don’t want to live my life on the forum :) as I have other things to contend with in Real Life. :)

An Auction would bring us to the attention of the Gambling and Gaming authorities. This all came to my attention during the raffle we ran for MacMillan which was a learning curve and this is why you will have seen a careful phrasing of how much a ticket costs.
Also it would create considerable work for me, which is OK, but I really don’t want to live my life on the forum :) as I have other things to contend with in Real Life. :)

So how come facebook groups do waffles....n get around it....could the same not work.... say 100 spots at £5 for something special n the like....just a wondering...throwing it out there

Wasn’t aware it would come to the attention of the gambling and gaming authorities, would just be like a sales thread with no fixed price, and you only bid if you want too, and plus it’s for charity so no one is profiting from it, but fully understand you have things to attend to in real life, as does all of us and I know you do dedicate a lot of your time to the forum already...

Back
Top Bottom