What's new

You are invited to offer your thoughts.

Great ideas and observations from you all, for which many thanks :)
It saddens me that I appear to have completely missed the mark with previous events and can only apologise.
We’ll approach things in a Very Different way from here on.

No need to apologize for anything @Rob previous events were fantastic, you know that and we raise a lot of money too. I think most of us would be happy enough whatever was done, we are just chucking out ideas as you asked. :)

you know you can never please everyone all the time.

The last Charity Raffle actually ran for close on 2 months!!! How much longer do you suggest? :) Raffle Fatigue sets in and people become bored very quickly so I would not suggest any longer.

Thanks for the good warning Guv. Already collecting donations.
There's many needy charities close to our hearts (as many of you know Mrs kid is constantly running raffles for the two hedgehog rescue charities she supports and now vaping is more mainstream I'm able to contribute a lot) but that's a bit specific for apes.
This may be a lot of work but how about, yes we do our usual raffle for all things yummy in the world of vape colectability but the money raised goes towards buying good basic standard vape setups with juice (from our generous vendors) to supply a smoking cessation scheme. That way, things go full circle.
It may be an unfeasible pipe dream but worth a punt.
The nhs is lacking in this area so perhaps we could help.

It's a nice idea, I would like it if the money raised went to something that was kind of directly related.... are there not charities that help people suffering from smoking related illnesses or something like that? I know we don't smoke anymore but many of us will still sadly suffer from the effects from when we did...

No.... This is exactly why I asked :)

On a personal level I should add that I am coming out of retirement to oversee one more event, hence asking for ideas to try and set the scene for whoever finally takes over.

Great ideas and observations from you all, for which many thanks :)
It saddens me that I appear to have completely missed the mark with previous events and can only apologise.
We’ll approach things in a Very Different way from here on.

I don't think you have, you've done an excellent job raising money for worthy causes. I think it's just that, to appeal to more people, prizes could be more suitable for new vapers, and even not vape related at all, as @AJT mentioned. High Street vouchers for example. Or Fasttech, etc.

I'd also like to see a list of vendors / makers that always decline to offer assistance, for a full well rounded view.

I don't like this idea at all. In fact, I wouldn't participate in a raffle where that approach was taken at all. It's verging on a bullying mentality.

Last edited:
The company I work for might be prepared to offer some vouchers, it's been done before. I'd need to catch the boss in a good mood is all :cool:

As for charities, at the moment mine would be Shelter, or a similar charity to help the homeless. It's a massive problem in this country. People shouldn't be sleeping on the streets in a wealthy country like the UK.

Each new raffle did better than its predecessor so I think you've nailed the formula.

You don't want to make things complicated.

A small but UK wide charity, I feel is important, along with one that does not pay a handful of staff millions in wages

Back
Top Bottom