What's new

You are invited to offer your thoughts.

There are thousands of deserving charities out there and individuals will hold some closer to their hearts than others.
The choice of charity is bound to influence people in wether they decide to take part or not.
Why not have the first prize as the winner is the person who gets to elect the cause this is all for?

I think the previous format worked. The amount of monies raised is a testament to that. I think with some very small tweaks it can still be successful. There has been some great ideas mentioned already

Certainly some food for thought coming through. :)
My only amendment to my original post has to be.........................

Whilst I agree with many observations being made, PLEASE spare a thought for the poor saps who have to organise the thing!! Some of the suggestions would increase the work load considerably and perhaps if I explain things from my perspective over the last 3 BIG Raffles, you'll get an idea of what goes into it :)

Basically........... Given that I have tried to run these events so that ticket sales are open over a 6 to 8 week period (Taking in 2 PayDays) To begin with, approaches are made to all the Vendors via either PM or email. Then I open it up on the forum, inviting people to donate items of a certain quality. This usually takes about 3 to 4 weeks to gather everything in and then format Prize Bundles.

Once the Raffle ends, there is a frantic rush to get the randomising done and formatting the "Winners Thread" then posting that and awaiting the usual influx of PM's from winners and me contacting those that have donated and arranging contact between those that donated items and their winners. I usually find that I have to allow approx 3 weeks from announcing the Winners to everything being done and dusted. So basically as near as damn it 12 to 14 weeks is devoted to running one of these in their current format.
Given some of the suggested tweaks............ that figure will rise.

This isn't seeking recognition or any of that nonsense, this is purely the facts of the time that goes into it.

I have already said that I will do ONE more, but after that, it will be time for new eyes and minds, it will also be time to make sweeping changes to the format, but that's all for another discussion with my successor/successors. :)

The format from previous years is all fine and dandy. The only suggestion that has been mentioned that I think would be useful is the user tier - MTL, subohm/DTL, rebuildables or whatever.
In saying this however, I'm really not fussed. I'll join in just for the craic. I'm certain alot of others do this also. If I win something I don't want, then I'll give it to a family member, or fire it up on here as a comp.

I think putting it into tiers would create a fair bit of work. And the hassle of some wanting in some tiers and not others. If folks don't have use for their winnings you can put it up for trade or give it to someone who would use it

Certainly some food for thought coming through. :)
My only amendment to my original post has to be.........................

Whilst I agree with many observations being made, PLEASE spare a thought for the poor saps who have to organise the thing!! Some of the suggestions would increase the work load considerably and perhaps if I explain things from my perspective over the last 3 BIG Raffles, you'll get an idea of what goes into it :)

Basically........... Given that I have tried to run these events so that ticket sales are open over a 6 to 8 week period (Taking in 2 PayDays) To begin with, approaches are made to all the Vendors via either PM or email. Then I open it up on the forum, inviting people to donate items of a certain quality. This usually takes about 3 to 4 weeks to gather everything in and then format Prize Bundles.

Once the Raffle ends, there is a frantic rush to get the randomising done and formatting the "Winners Thread" then posting that and awaiting the usual influx of PM's from winners and me contacting those that have donated and arranging contact between those that donated items and their winners. I usually find that I have to allow approx 3 weeks from announcing the Winners to everything being done and dusted. So basically as near as damn it 12 to 14 weeks is devoted to running one of these in their current format.
Given some of the suggested tweaks............ that figure will rise.

This isn't seeking recognition or any of that nonsense, this is purely the facts of the time that goes into it.

I have already said that I will do ONE more, but after that, it will be time for new eyes and minds, it will also be time to make sweeping changes to the format, but that's all for another discussion with my successor/successors. :)
And like i have said already i will do one more but ONLY if its in the same format as the 1st 3 charity raffles only with the same people because its easier to remember and like myself we done it for the chosen CHARITY and NOT for pats on the back.....just remember that it was a charity fund raiser and all we wanted to do was to raise as much as possible....the giveaways to the winning members was just a little BONUS ontop of a lovely big juicy creamy cake and the actual gratification was knowing that each and everyone who donated WAS putting a huge smile on every face in the charity and THAT was the main point.....the gifts for you winning guys was a little THANK YOU for all yous did.

Thats my bit done and dusted

...ooops! And if it happens i WILL be making one special mod, custom ohms reader and some very very nice surprises to be put in...and then that WILL be it for me.

I don't support the RNLI as I live too far away (1.5mi) to volunteer for them as a coxn.

In all seriousness though, im happy to support the majority of charities provided I think they are a worthy cause. If it's to do with the sea or veterans or the C word I'm in.

Prizes aren't a thing, if I win something I don't use I will pass it on, as I imagine most members will do.

A big problem is what time of the month/year it is. A summer giveaway always seems better than a Xmas giveaway to me, due to the fact people have more to she'll out for around Xmas.

Last edited:
i havnt been here for any of the previous charity raffles,this will be my first one so i have no idea what to expect seems to me that it all worked great for the previous raffles judging by some of the comments made, why not run it as previous but with a few tweaks here and there for different levels of vapers experience, i cant really comment on this and can only go by what others have posted previously but if it aint broke dont fix it ;)

i havnt been here for any of the previous charity raffles,this will be my first one so i have no idea what to expect seems to me that it all worked great for the previous raffles judging by some of the comments made, why not run it as previous but with a few tweaks here and there for different levels of vapers experience, i cant really comment on this and can only go by what others have posted previously but if it aint broke dont fix it ;)
Believe me...the bonus of the giveawsy prizes was UNBERLIEVABLE ranging from building kits to squonkers to rtas to rbas to rda to mods to high end mods to mechs and high end mechs ....i have now idea if the cost was added up that the prizes was worth but i would say well in excess of say 1000 smackers maybe even 2k on each charity raffle.....and i think the 3x charity raffles raised just over 10k for charities.

Back
Top Bottom