What's new

Is vaping going to mess me up?

Just a quick note for any lurkers reading this thread.

Vaping isn't complicated or difficult for most people and they tend to adjust very quickly.

Yeh for most it's very easy incase anyone is looking at this thread to guage how hard it is....my situation is not a normal one ;)

That’s the second time you’ve said that ... it isn’t about being weak-minded as opposed to strong-minded, like you used to be. It seems like you’ve developed quite a serious anxiety issue after losing someone close to asthma: a traumatic life event like would effect anyone, so to a lot of us, it is understandable, even if we’ve not experienced exactly the same things.

You seem to be falling into the classic anxiety trap of catastrophising. That is, immediately thinking about the worst-case scenario of every situation. If you don’t challenge that kind of thinking, you can end up with no life, because you never do anything (been there). As @scrumpox mentioned, break things down into manageable tasks, and start making small steps, before moving on to bigger steps.

Didn't mean to repeat myself mate.....and Yeh your correct it absolutely destroyed me, I do believe I'm slowly improving but I need to force the smoking thing a little harder than other tasks for obvious health reasons. This is why I ask for help from the many good guys on here. My life has been full of heartache and misery fir so long I Absolutely do have the kind of mind that immediately prepares fir the wire because you see the worst always seems to happen to me. Defo not going be be pessimistic tho as I wanted room keep as positive as I can about this mate.

Yeh that's the plan bro vape it about 40w to start and shut off some airflow.
I just seem to get an irritated through when I have pg, think il get away with 80vg but I'm not sure about 70vg

I might have missed something further back in the thread but did you not say you have only had a quick puff of your mate’s dripper? How do you know pg irritates you, then?

Also, 40w isn’t low power.

I might have missed something further back in the thread but did you not say you have only had a quick puff of your mate’s dripper? How do you know pg irritates you, then?

Also, 40w isn’t low power.

Recently I've only had some on a mate bro, but have had little bits here and there and had Obe at 60vg 40pg and gave me a very sore irritated throat but have had same drags on higher vg and been ok...thats how I came to that conclusion... A lot of nice juices are high VG luckily :)

Tried em bro, patches make me feel sick, mouth spray gave me really bad hiccups (annoying) and there was a pill I could havd taken to block the receptors but I didn't like the sound of it tbh.
It's what I want to do mate I know that....
Just have some strange issue dont I?
I don't expect you to understand bro to be honest if yiu said this is how I was guna be when I was twenty I would have laughed Coz used to be really strong minded

Your strange issues are neither here nor there fella.....you are not a special case, everyone here has made the switch to vaping and most have stopped smoking.
Its difficult to stop smoking...."for everyone"
Now... nae mere pish.....just get on and do it:)

Recently I've only had some on a mate bro, but have had little bits here and there and had Obe at 60vg 40pg and gave me a very sore irritated throat but have had same drags on higher vg and been ok...thats how I came to that conclusion... A lot of nice juices are high VG luckily :)

You need to get accustomed to puffing a vape like @Leni stated above. I still say 40w is a lot especially for someone who’s freaking out about inhaling vapour. It makes sense to start with something that will work at about 10w with a minimum amount of wire and won’t produce big, hot clouds.

Your strange issues are neither here nor there fella.....you are not a special case, everyone here has made the switch to vaping and most have stopped smoking.
Its difficult to stop smoking...."for everyone"
Now... nae mere pish.....just get on and do it:)

So you feel the problems I have are "pish" bro?

You need to get accustomed to puffing a vape like @Leni stated above. I still say 40w is a lot especially for someone who’s freaking out about inhaling vapour. It makes sense to start with something that will work at about 10w with a minimum amount of wire and won’t produce big, hot clouds.

Yeh bro I may get a smaller device also to just get used to the initial feeling

So you feel the problems I have are "pish" bro?

Pish = meaning nae mere nonsense....just do it....I never said your problems are pish, but they are unrelated to stopping smoking.
You will still have problems whether you smoke or vape is my point

Back
Top Bottom