What's new

UK Gov To Ban Disposables?

if you dont agree with something, do something constructive to change it
course the balance of power comes into it. what constructive thing can somebody struggling to eat and living in temporary homeless accommodation do to change the politics landscape of the country, for example?

course the balance of power comes into it. what constructive thing can somebody struggling to eat and living in temporary homeless accommodation do to change the politics landscape of the country, for example?
To keep myself fed and a roof over my head I got a job, a choice open to any UK citizen.

To keep myself fed and a roof over my head I got a job, a choice open to any UK citizen.

but you’ve lost the thread of what we were talking about. it wasn’t about surviving, you were talking about people having the opportunity to get into politics and make a change. not realistic, unfortunately.

but you’ve lost the thread of what we were talking about. it wasn’t about surviving, you were talking about people having the opportunity to get into politics and make a change. not realistic, unfortunately.
You changed the substance of the discussion when you introduced your unfortunate guy, I merely pointed out that I made the choice to pay attention to my education which afforded me the lifestyle to be in a position to choose whether I wanted to go into politics and I stand by my statement that politics is open to all, you just have to make that choice to participate.

You changed the substance of the discussion when you introduced your unfortunate guy, I merely pointed out that I made the choice to pay attention to my education which afforded me the lifestyle to be in a position to choose whether I wanted to go into politics and I stand by my statement that politics is open to all, you just have to make that choice to participate.

maybe you did make a choice not to go into politics, i have no idea about that. but it’s not a choice available to most people. still a much higher proportion of MPs went to private schools and russell group universities than the general population.

27october2022bppfig2.png

That something is difficult does not make it impossible, maybe a private education is beyond most but university requires only average intelligence and a drive to learn, another of lifes` choices if you like. I chose to be that kid from a mining village who wasn`t going to follow his father down the pit.

What your graph doesn`t show is the number of people who have had a university education and not gone into politics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom