What's new

Squid Industries Double Barrel mod 3FVape

It is clear your cells are sitting proud, so either the springs are too stiff, bent or the board has been seated too low in the mod...or you have unusually long 18650s.

In conclusion I paid 90$ for a mod I can’t even put the batteries in : should have known I had to stay away from anything gun shaped: it is the Glock story repeated [emoji849]

I’d be wary of forcing them down. There’s limited room at the top of the mod and you risk damaging the board if you do so. Can you accurately measure the length of your cells? At least that way we could rule out them being the issue.

I’d be wary of forcing them down. There’s limited room at the top of the mod and you risk damaging the board if you do so. Can you accurately measure the length of your cells? At least that way we could rule out them being the issue.

Thanks but I doubt they would be the problem.

IMG_0285.jpg

They are even slightly shorter

It’s seems like it a problem with one of your contacts. It looks a little different to the other pics. Could just be the lighting though. Still I would take it apart to see if you can see a problem with it.

Thanks but I doubt they would be the problem.

They are even slightly shorter
At least that rules out the cells being an issue. :(

Personally, I’d be filling in a complaint form with 3F if they have such a thing and asking for a replacement at this stage.

At least that rules out the cells being an issue. :(

Personally, I’d be filling in a complaint form with 3F if they have such a thing and asking for a replacement at this stage.

I have created a ticket and am curious what they have to say. I love tinkering with electronics but never had any training nor have anyone who can help me if I mess up taking it apart (I do small repairs in our home). I will wait for their answer before I take it apart.
Thanks you all for trying to solve this issue with me.

Back
Top Bottom