What's new

vocals only

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
a long time ago this happened the world was different but if you listen with headphones on you could be in the same room/booth as bowie in the studio

It's a strange thing and you have to sit back and wonder at just how good the guy was at his craft

listen to the vocals then listen to the full song

Merry Clayton talking about singing the backing vocals on Gimme Shelter.

A snippet of Gloria Jones and the bloke sat there is called Mick Jagger apparently.
Taken from 20ft from Stardom, well worth a watch.

I see what you are Saying,, one of the best, if you have good headphones ( I have grado sr325x going to valve amp etc) listen to this

Last edited:
Merry Clayton talking about singing the backing vocals on Gimme Shelter.

A snippet of Gloria Jones and the bloke sat there is called Mick Jagger apparently.
Taken from 20ft from Stardom, well worth a watch.

Agree , 20ft from stardom is a great film

I like this thread, another suggestion

And now to try to blow your mind!

Something for the metal heads?

Something for the guitarists out there?

Last edited:
seeing as we are talking headphones technically I don't use them due to hearing loss I had at 30 (due to working in heavy industry aka jewelery drop press work and a power stamping) instead I have two Phonak Marvel hearing aids, don't get me the wrong hearing loss is the pits but over the years technology has caught up, this new generation (there is a newer version just out) are very complex bits of kit.

I stream all my phone calls music tv from the phone to the aids no cables and its all automatic so when I put Netflix in the workshop on, it drops the environmental noise and plays the film etc into my aids so I can move about 30 feet walk about, go outside etc

now the funny bit is because the receivers are deep in the ear canal it's like the person or music is playing in your head it's hard to explain and very strange to get used to in the early days

like this bad USA advert for them but she is only wearing one with two it's Dolby surround, so when bowie sings he's in my head singing....a private audience.

You really never know what you'll read jumping on one of these threads, will need to look into those aids Stu, cheers bud :)

seeing as we are talking headphones technically I don't use them due to hearing loss I had at 30 (due to working in heavy industry aka jewelery drop press work and a power stamping) instead I have two Phonak Marvel hearing aids, don't get me the wrong hearing loss is the pits but over the years technology has caught up, this new generation (there is a newer version just out) are very complex bits of kit.

I stream all my phone calls music tv from the phone to the aids no cables and its all automatic so when I put Netflix in the workshop on, it drops the environmental noise and plays the film etc into my aids so I can move about 30 feet walk about, go outside etc

now the funny bit is because the receivers are deep in the ear canal it's like the person or music is playing in your head it's hard to explain and very strange to get used to in the early days

like this bad USA advert for them but she is only wearing one with two it's Dolby surround, so when bowie sings he's in my head singing....a private audience.

Firstly sorry to hear that, secondly that sounds awesome, inbuilt in ear headphones!!

If you're talking guitar, then try this one. You can hear lead, rhythm and bass, but it's Lindsey Buckingham with ONE guitar.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_HM6FrSitvc?si=HNmleHCzXlTEIvZJ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Or vocals, this is Prince, For You. Very first track on his very first album. All the vocals are Prince

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2-hcFcWYM08?si=OjaWQX9d7dq-f9FN" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i envy you guys, I`ve lived with tinnitus since 1983, basically if you parked a steam loco in a aviary full of zebra finches at about 80 db, that has been the soundtrack to my life. It`s ironic, my hearing is pretty good, I can hear a pin drop, as long as the sound isn`t at the same pitch as the whistle, I`m told the only cure is a piece of lead in my ear.

Back
Top Bottom