What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

So i managed to eventually fit a Clapton coil in the kayfun v3. Can't say I'm overly impressed. It's not any better than a standard micro coil

Think I did see a P Busardo vid on that Russian a while back but he seemed to have some troubles with it. After that I really lost any interest in it with the market so saturated with top quality atties these days. Might have a think at that price if it has good feedback though :)

It's a big bastard! Meant to be about £50 from the German store in Todd's review. Wonder if that was pre TPD though, don't think the Germans will ship to UK now.

Reminds me of the Gem

Think I did see a P Busardo vid on that Russian a while back but he seemed to have some troubles with it. After that I really lost any interest in it with the market so saturated with top quality atties these days. Might have a think at that price if it has good feedback though :)
Even in vaping fasions come and go. We are currently going through a mtl revival but that brings it's. Own problems. We have already found the gold from the past. Taifuns, heron's, kayfuns ect . But now we have to sort the wheat from the chaff. Kayfuns are keeping up quality the squape is a bit over complicated the rose looks good but time will tell.

After a whole bunch of trouble with my Kayfun clones, I've decided to take a break and waiting for a Corolla 1.5 from the classies. How is the juice consumption on it?

In the meantime, I'm a happy camper with the Derringer clone a few apes suggested. Had a 1.3 28G build in there initially, now dipping my toe into twisted wire with a 1.5 ohm build - it's quite a tight fit at 9 wraps though :P I changed out the drip tip for a narrower delrin one from FT, and obviosuly on a single air hole (also experimenting with closing it off a little). Can anybody suggest their favourite MTL builds for it?

After a whole bunch of trouble with my Kayfun clones, I've decided to take a break and waiting for a Corolla 1.5 from the classies. How is the juice consumption on it?

In the meantime, I'm a happy camper with the Derringer clone a few apes suggested. Had a 1.3 28G build in there initially, now dipping my toe into twisted wire with a 1.5 ohm build - it's quite a tight fit at 9 wraps though :P I changed out the drip tip for a narrower delrin one from FT, and obviosuly on a single air hole (also experimenting with closing it off a little). Can anybody suggest their favourite MTL builds for it?
Never used a derringer. So I'm no help their. I've just picked up a by Leo Apollo. And I've ordered a bf pin for it as I've got one of the pico squeeze box's pre ordered. So I can actually enjoy some mtl squonking. I use a velocity and a Kennedy for testing juices and I do like the velocity with a couple of Claptons. The corrolla is fantastic. If it had been made by anyone else it would cost a fortune. Top quality and a great vape. I know it's been vic from vaping with vic' s go to mtl tank for ages and miley loves his.

I use a 1 ohm build in my Corolla's, vape at 15w with both air holes about half open & it does seem to go through the juice pretty fast but you could be more conservative with a higher build & less airflow . It is indeed a fine vape

ETA:

Whilst I'm here I may as well mention it, I gave the Avocado 24 a go MTL style, it sort of works. A single 1 ohm spaced coil with the airflow closed right off, it's more of restricted lung vape & I still can't find the flavour in this thing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom