What's new

Clone MTL Bridges - Which Is Best?

Never had an issue building on the Cloud personally, I find it really easy to coil and wick.

I actually set up the SXK Mobb2 for MTL yesterday and am really enjoying that. I normally use it for RDL but with the reduced chamber cap turns out it's a winner for MTL too.

Never had an issue building on the Cloud personally, I find it really easy to coil and wick.

I actually set up the SXK Mobb2 for MTL yesterday and am really enjoying that. I normally use it for RDL but with the reduced chamber cap turns out it's a winner for MTL too.
I’ve been wondering about the Mobb2, it comes complete with pins and the mtl cap. It is strange that everyone talks about the Mobb Mini, but not the Mobb2. As it’s readily available, I am considering it. I bought a no-name Dotmobb clone and it leaked like crazy, but Sxk usually has reasonably good quality so I’m trying to not let it effect my decision…

I’ve been wondering about the Mobb2, it comes complete with pins and the mtl cap. It is strange that everyone talks about the Mobb Mini, but not the Mobb2. As it’s readily available, I am considering it. I bought a no-name Dotmobb clone and it leaked like crazy, but Sxk usually has reasonably good quality so I’m trying to not let it effect my decision…
The dotmobb clone from sxk leaked like crazy for me too.
You don't hear as much about the mobb2 because it's relatively new.
I've got the authentic and the sxk one, there is a bit of quality difference but not much.

The other clone knocking around, "the last edition"
Is my favorite of the 3 It's kind of like a halfway point between the mini and the 2

20230125_111042.jpg

Thanks @John R ! He was very pleased with the flavor, I see. But this is the problem I often face with YouTube reviewers…he thinks the 1.8mm pin is too tight! :17: I do have to say that it is tempting, but I don’t think the Sxk comes with the alternative top-caps. The chimney is rather large, but I’ve never quite been able to determine how much a mtl chimney makes a difference, and with which juices (the same could be said of the top-caps). Hmmm, the Rubik has moved up the list!

The dotmobb clone from sxk leaked like crazy for me too.
You don't hear as much about the mobb2 because it's relatively new.
I've got the authentic and the sxk one, there is a bit of quality difference but not much.

The other clone knocking around, "the last edition"
Is my favorite of the 3 It's kind of like a halfway point between the mini and the 2
Excellent! That The Last One really is a beaut! And it’s brilliant being able to compare them visually. And it helps to know that it’s not just me with the Dotmobb. However, my general impression of the Mobb series is that they’re designed for rdl with mtl a bit of an afterthought. The Last One comes with a 1.2mm pin as the tightest, and you may think me bizarre, but that’s way too loose for me. The Mini is still in the running, but I’m irritated by the extra cost for the mtl pins; bought them for the Dotmobb which was a waste.

Here's a lineup of some of my mtl bridges, if you want any size comparisons deck pictures or anything like that just let me know.
20230220_103932.jpg
20230220_103800.jpg

Here's a lineup of some of my mtl bridges, if you want any size comparisons deck pictures or anything like that just let me know
That’s mighty nice of you! I see some familiar faces in the lineups…
giphy.gif

Don’t recognize the one with the Panda, but I’m wondering how you like the Psyclone, Ether and Pioneer. I’m always a bit skeptical to these “I can do everything” rbas/rtas. Do they really give a quality mtl with the large chamber and chimney? Does the helix on the Psyclone’s chimney really do anything?

That’s mighty nice of you! I see some familiar faces in the lineups…
giphy.gif

Don’t recognize the one with the Panda, but I’m wondering how you like the Psyclone, Ether and Pioneer. I’m always a bit skeptical to these “I can do everything” rbas/rtas. Do they really give a quality mtl with the large chamber and chimney? Does the helix on the Psyclone’s chimney really do anything?
Lol okay

1, the helix on the psych is just aesthetic, there are two different chimneys with different inner diameters the design just helps you to recognise which is which. As a whole the bridge performs similar to the mobb mini.

2, the pioneer insider was my favorite bridge for a long time, it's now a consistent second best in every category. The chamber is a lot more reduced than you might expect too.

3, the ether strikes me as the kind of bridge that would do best in rdl because of the wick channels but the mtl performance is better than decent if you get your wicking right.

4, the two panda ones are bridg'd v2 (black) and bridg'd omega clone (ss) they are imo the best "do it all" bridges, mostly because of the simplicity of their design, they rely on their machining quality to justify the high price but its worth it imo. Although getting hold of authentics is very difficult.

I know this is a clone thread, but the Hazard is a great choice (bottom left on @Phrasing's line up).

It's not that expensive considering you get a bridge and a RTA that takes other bridges. It works wonderfully along with being an absolute doddle to build on too. I'm not sure what the smallest pin is though as I like my MTL quite loose so just went with the biggest pin and left the others in the box.

Back
Top Bottom